Greek Mountain Tea (Tsai Tou VouNou), also known as Shepherd’s Tea, has been considered an herbal remedy since the time of Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine. There are a wide range of health benefits in sipping this tasty herbal goodness, as indicated by recent lab studies.
– Assists in prevention of osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s, and even cancer
– Possessing anti-inflammatory properties, the tea has a positive effect on common ailments such as colds, fevers, respiratory problems, digestion problems, and anxiety
– Also possesses antimicrobial, antibacterial, and antifungal properties
– High in antioxidants
– Because it is grown in high altitudes (over 3,000 feet), it is high in iron content and produces greater concentrations of nutrients and essential oils
It truly is a cure all!
The Shop Agora carries bunches of Greek Mountain Tea, grown on Mt. Olympus and Mt. Taygetos, all at the great price of $7!
For the perfect cup of health:
– Place half the bunch in a large pot
– Fill with water
– Boil for 20 minutes
– Steep for 20 minutes
– Add honey and lemon to taste
Cheers to your health!